BALL CORPORATION / ONE ENERGY STEM SCHOLARSHIP
Ball Corporation is the provider of metal packaging for beverages, foods, and household products, and of aerospace and other technologies and services to commercial and governmental customers.
Ball Corporation has partnered with One Energy in continuing its efforts to become a more sustainable company within the community by utilizing a natural resource through wind turbines. To share in this excitement, the company is offering three (3) Ball Corporation / One Energy STEM Scholarships.
Each scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $5,000.
To be eligible for the Ball Corporation / One Energy STEM Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a senior for the 2016-2017 academic school year, reside in Hancock County, Ohio, and attend an accredited school.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence in high school and have plans to complete a college education in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline at an accredited school.
- Be able to demonstrate community involvement through participation in activities or organizations within the community.
- Submit a 500-1500 word essay based on the following topic:
"Discuss how your interest in a STEM field has developed and how you envision applying your STEM education in the future."
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application.
- It is recommended that the student have a minimum 3.5 grade point average; however all criteria are not absolute.