VALFILM/ONE ENERGY STEM SCHOLARSHIPS
Founded in 1976 in Lorena/Sao Paulo, Valfilm is a Brazilian company, associated with VALGROUP, which specializes in developing, manufacturing, and marketing flexible packaging in polyethylene. With over 30 years in the market, Valfilm is considered one of the largest and most efficient organizations in the segment.
Valfilm Findlay Operations has partnered with One Energy to continue its efforts to live its value of social and environmental Responsibility by harnessing wind energy for production power. To fulfill the social aspect of this value, the company is offering two Valfilm/One Energy STEM Scholarships.
Each scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $5,000.
To be eligible for the Valfilm/One Energy STEM Scholarships, applicants must:
- be a senior for the 2017-2018 academic school year, reside in Hancock County, Ohio, and attend an accredited school.
- have demonstrated academic excellence in high school and have plans to complete a college education in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) discipline at an accredited school.
- be able to demonstrate community involvement through participation in activities or organizations within the community.
- submit a 500-1500-word essay based on the following topic:
"Discuss where you see your STEM career leading you, and what your environmental responsibility as a professional is."
- submit an official high school transcript.
- complete and submit the scholarship application (coming soon).
Note: all criteria are not absolute.